Tomb Raider Blog
Fanart: “Tomb Raider Reborn” by BetterNan
Fanart: “Tomb Raider Reborn” by chuyDeleon
Fanart: “Lara Croft-Tomb Raider” by S-Dan-Steen
Fanart: “Tomb Raidin’” by HellBurger
Fanart: “Tomb Raider” by tyron-ichigo
Fanart: “Improvisation” by Ethrendil
Fanart: “Lara Croft” by PLstronghold
Fanart: “warm sun for journey” by friendhaircut
Rise of the Tomb Raider FAQ
Thank you for sending us your comments and questions. We looked through the posts on several channels and collected the questions you asked the most into the following FAQ.
- What does exclusive to Xbox mean?
It means that Rise of the Tomb Raider is coming Holiday 2015 exclusively on Xbox One and Xbox 360.
- Does the exclusive to Xbox have a duration? Is it timed? How long is the duration? Can we expect a PlayStation 4 or PC release in the future?
Yes, our deal with Microsoft has a duration. We aren’t discussing details of the deal, and are focused on delivering a great game on Xbox One and Xbox 360.
- Did Crystal Dynamics know about this deal?
Yes, Crystal Dynamics is excited to be partnering with Microsoft to make the best game possible. As Darrell mentioned in his message, we have a long history with Microsoft and they have been a very strong supporter of the franchise. They will help us grow and nurture the Tomb Raider franchise more than ever before.
- Were the fans considered when making this decision? Are Crystal Dynamics and Square Enix aware of the franchise history with PlayStation and on PC?
Of course. We did not make this decision lightly. Our goal is to build the best game that we possibly can, and our relationship with Microsoft will help us realize our vision for the game.
- Why didn’t Microsoft, Square Enix or Crystal Dynamics say upfront it was a timed exclusive? Why all the indirect language?
We certainly didn’t intend to cause any confusion with the announcement. The Microsoft Gamescom stage was a great place to make the initial announcement, but not necessarily to go into details.
Fanart: “Tomb Raider” by limsh